The following persons have served as officers of the Seminary in their respective departments:
PRESIDENTS OF THE BOARD OF DIRECTORS.
Rev. W. A. Scott, D.D., LL.D.,
San Francisco, Cal., 1871-85
Rev. Thomas Fraser, D.D., Oakland, Cal., 1885-87
Rev. F.A. Horton, D.D., Oakland, Cal., 1887-90
Rev. C.E. Babb, D.D., San Jose, Cal., 1890-92
Rev. Arthur Crosby, D.D., San Rafael, Cal., 1892
Rev. J.W. Dinsmore, D.D., LL.D., San Jose, Cal., 1893
Rev. Edward Graham, D.D., Chico, Cal., 1894
Rev. W.B. Noble, D.D., San Rafael, Cal., 1895
Rev. James Curry, D.D., Oakland, Cal., 1896
Mr. George D. Gray, Oakland, Cal., 1897
Rev. Robert F. Coyle, D.D., Oakland, Cal., 1898
Rev. John Hemphill, D.D., San Francisco, Cal., 1898
Rev. William Martin, M.A., Santa Rosa, Cal., 1900
Mr. Charles A. Laton, San Francisco, Cal., 1901
Mr. W.M. Ladd, Portland, Ore., 1902 (Declined to serve on account of business and distance.)
Mr. George D. Gray, Oakland, Cal., 1902
Mr. J.W. Richards, Berkeley, Cal., 1903
Rev. E.E. Baker, D.D., Oakland, Cal., 1904
Rev. William Martin, M.A., Santa Rosa, Cal., 1905
Mr. George L. Underhill, San Francisco, Ca., 1906
Rev. W.A. Scott, D.D., LL.D., was Chairman of the Faculty from 1871 to 1885. Since then different members of the Faculty have been elected as Chairman, usually for one year.
Dr. John S. MacIntosh was elected by the Board of Directors President of the Seminary November 3, 1903, and continued as such until his death, January 5, 1906. This office has not been filled since then.
THE BOARD OF TRUSTEES.
The following persons have
been Chair men of the Board of Trustees:
Rev. Dr. W.A. Scott, San Francisco, 1871-85
Hon. J.D. Thornton, San Francisco, 1885-97
Mr. Charles H. Fish, San Rafael, 1897
There have been but two Secretaries
of the Board of Directors in thirty-six years.
Mr. R.J. Trumbull of San Rafael served from 1871 to 1898, a period of twenty-seven years.
Rev. James Curry, D.D., of Vacaville, Cal., has served as secretary since 1898, a period of nine years.
R.J. Trumbull, 1890-99
C.A. Bailey, 1899-03
Charles A. Laton, 1903