1. Roman Catholic—service administered every Sabbath at their church on Vallejo street.
2. First Baptist, Rev. O. C. Wheeler, pastor—service every Sabbath at their new church on Washington street, near the corner of Stockton.
3. First Presbyterian, Rev. Albert Williams, pastor—service every Sabbath at their large tent on Dupont street, near Pacific.
4. Protestant Episcopal, Rev. F. Mines, rector—service very Sunday, for the present, at the house of J. H. Merrill, Esq.
5. Methodist. We understand that this denomination has commenced the erection of a church at the head of Washington street.
6. Congregational. The Rev. T. D. Hunt has consented to officiate occasionally for this church until the first of November next.
In addition to the above the Rev. T. D. Hunt, chaplain, preaches each Sabbath at the Public Institute.
In connection with the above, it is proper we should state that Sabbath
Schools are established in the Baptist, Presbyterian and Episcopal churches,
and there is also one attached to the Chaplainey.