Posted by Newspaper Transcriber on Tuesday, October 10, 2006 at 18:44:54 :
Broadmoor Boy Swallow Plastic Ball, Dies
A small plastic ball partially swallowed apparently caused the death of a four-year-old Broadmoor boy Friday afternoon.
Dead is Timothy d’Amelio of 860 Larchmont Drive.
According to police reports, the boy was playing with his two-year old sister Victoria, when the little girl placed the ball in Timothy’s mouth. He sucked it in and began chocking.
The screams of the little girl attracted their mother, Mrs. Florence d’Amelio, who rush from the kitchen and by external massage managed to remove the ball from his mouth.
Broadmoor Police Office Jack R. Gerhardt, who arrived on the scene, tried to revive the boy by mouth to mouth resuscitation as the boy was rushed to Mary’s Help Hospital. He was dead on arrival.
Cause of death according to the report was due to asphyxiation by a foreign object in the throat.
Timothy had been a cerebral palsy patient since birth.
The Record & Westlake Times, Front Page, Wednesday, March 16, 1966
From CADI: DAMELIO TIMOTHY J 04/16/1961 PAINE M CALIFORNIA SAN MATEO 03/11/1966 04 yrs
powered by SpudBoard