sfgenealogy.com Boards

I worked as an opening Manager

[Post Followup] [San Francisco History Board]

Posted by Robert on Thursday, February 19, 2015 at 12:26:44 :

In Reply to: Manning's Coffee posted by Marcie Rosenzweig on Saturday, November 05, 2005 at 14:00:56 :

I worked for Manning in the late 60 and early 70's. Opened many of the in-house operations sponsored by the corporations that wanted to keep their employees in house to eat and get back to work. No 2 martini lunches except for the executive dining rooms that got the lobster and steak. Opened operations at Pacific Bell, La; The Los Angeles Times, San Diego Gas and Electric ( my first earthquake experience), Union Oil corporate headquaters, La, Snowmass at Aspen ( with naked Norway ski instructor jumping into the poor at 6 in the morning - very noisy), So. Calif Gas and Electric, Kaiser Hospital, Gates Rubber company in Denver, Crocker Citizen's Bank, and so many others. It was an exciting time for the company which was expanding rapidly in that area.

Gov. Ronald Regan was at a luncheon for the Board of Regents for the University of California when the meeting was interupted with the news that Patty Hearst had been found and her Mother left the building from a helicopter parked on the roof as she flew back to San Francisco. Things changed very much after the Canadian Labatt company bought out Mannings. I left in 1972.

Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail:
<-- Spam Control, enter this number here:
Subject:
copyright © 1996-2010 SFgenealogy. All rights reserved.