sfgenealogy.com Boards

car crash in San Francisco with 9 dead

[Post Followup] [San Francisco History Board]

Posted by Don Campbell on Monday, April 07, 2014 at 06:28:39 :

In Reply to: crash victims on doyle drive posted by sue on Saturday, March 14, 2009 at 13:03:29 :

I happened to drive by the accident right after it occurred. The Porsche was laying on its top. I could see the male driver's arms hanging down and it appeared that he was still held in place by his seat belt. It was reported in the news that the Porsche was traveling at a high rate of speed, lost control, crossed the line into oncoming traffic where it hit the Mustang head on. The impact was so great that the engine from the Porsche snapped off it mounting bolts and flew through the air landing some distance away from the original point of collision. Its a miracle that the engine did not hit another car causing additional injuries. As I recall, the news reported that the Mustang contained nine teenagers on their way to a dance in Marin County. I believe three boys survived. They apparently were in the back seat with their dates sitting on their laps. It seems likely that the girls provided enough cushion during the impact that the boys survived. Don Campbell

Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail:
<-- Spam Control, enter this number here:
Subject:
copyright © 1996-2010 SFgenealogy. All rights reserved.