sfgenealogy.com Boards

Von OEHLHAFFEN

[Post Followup] [San Francisco History Board]

Posted by Wendy Deakins on Thursday, February 06, 2014 at 15:47:55 :

I am looking for info on a restaurant and its owner Robert VON OEHLHAFFEN in SF in 1885 found in a SF Directory located at 103 Washington St., in SF. Long story short I started on this journey when I found a photo from and letters written to my Grandmother by her friend Irma Oehlhaffen from Sacramento. On the back of the photo was Irmas name "Irmgard Countess Von Oehlhaffen. The last letter to Grandma was from Irmas husband (John Huntoon)describing Irmas death. It was a heart tugger!..so I listed Irma in my "Persons of Interest" tree on Ancestry and decided to find Irmas ancestry. I have read newspapers on line about him and his travels with the King of Hawaii, his restaurants in Hawaii even a book describing him in "not so very nice terms" about the Kings trip around the world and then found the ad for a restaurant in SF in 1885. He passed away in 1885 at the age of 47 and I still cannot link him to Irma. He was married to a lady named Anna..and died one month before Irma was born. I know where he is buried, his wife and her second husband are there as well and Irma is beside them. The story is intriguing and I guess I am doing it for a loving Grandmother who saved Irmas letters, Irmas photo because she was her friend. So this entry in not so short is it? Any ideas as to find out if there is documentation about his restaurant that may hold another clue or what happened to him? And have found a very short death announcement about him passing 11/10/1885. Thank you in advance for your help..and patience in reading this. Sincerely, Wendy

Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail:
<-- Spam Control, enter this number here:
Subject:
copyright © 1996-2010 SFgenealogy. All rights reserved.