sfgenealogy.com Boards

Re: 220 Circular Avenue, San Francisco

[Post Followup] [San Francisco History Board]

Posted by Linda Hayton on Saturday, June 09, 2012 at 07:19:32 :

In Reply to: 220 Circular Avenue, San Francisco posted by George Coates on Friday, February 03, 2012 at 12:26:04 :

you can contact the main branch of the San Francisco Library, Bryant St I think, they should have copies of the City Directories for many years. From about 1904, If I recall, women, wives were also listed with husbands, before that, no. Only persons who were working were listed in the household, not children.

If you can't find what you are looking for, try writing the the California State Library, California Room, Sacramento, CA. they have a vast repository of information on people, places and things all California. They require a self addressed, stamped envelope. I do not know what they charge any more for doing the research but you could find it on line.

Sutro Library is also a good source of information, they are also in San Francisco. I think you could find a list of what they hold on line. Just google Sutro Library.

I do hope you find what you are looking for. email me, linda.hayton at yahoo.com, perhaps in the next few days I will remember more resources you can look at. I lived about 2 blocks from Circular Ave from about 1958 to 1966. I now live in Washington State but still remember the neighborhood well.

Best of luck to you,

Linda Hayton

Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail:
<-- Spam Control, enter this number here:
Subject:
copyright © 1996-2010 SFgenealogy. All rights reserved.