sfgenealogy.com Boards

Re: Friedman M. & Co. Furniture

[Post Followup] [San Francisco History Board]

Posted by Bob S. on Tuesday, February 15, 2011 at 10:24:22 :

In Reply to: Re: Friedman M. & Co. Furniture posted by Chris on Sunday, January 04, 2009 at 01:32:25 :

: : :Today I just discovered up in hills around my Sonoma County home a old small wood cabin were I found and retrieved a antique wood burning kitchen stove. It reads Packard on the oven door but on the side there is a plate that reads..(Made expressly for M Friedman & Co. San Fransisco.) I also cannot find any information on either names. Please keep me posted if any one finds out any information.

: M. Friedman & Co. was a furniture retailer located on 259 Post St. in San Francisco. They were in business at the turn of the 19th century into the 30's. I know this only because I own an antique dining room set from my grandparents and I too was curious about where it came from and found the same label you did. They did not manufacture their own furniture, but only sold them in the store, so perhaps the "Packard" could be the manufacturer of your stove? You could send a picture of it to worthpoint.com and they will have someone give you more feedback on the antique.

: I hope this helps, I've spent hours on google tonight researching M. Friedman & Co. and even found a picture of one of their old delivery trucks on eBay that I bought to hang in our dining room. :)

: Gotta love the internet huh?

: Take Care,

: Chris V.
: Fremont, CA

Hello Chris,
I also own a Packard wood & coal stove. It is in very good condition, bu need some restoration. I would like to email or call you directly about your stove. I would like to exchange photos of our stoves, as I believe I am missing one trim piece on the top to the right of the oven. I am located in Santa Cruz.

Regards,
Bob

Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail:
<-- Spam Control, enter this number here:
Subject:
copyright © 1996-2010 SFgenealogy. All rights reserved.