sfgenealogy.com Boards

Re: Manning's Coffee

[Post Followup] [San Francisco History Board]

Posted by Kathy on Saturday, October 02, 2010 at 17:59:10 :

In Reply to: Re: Manning's Coffee posted by Gary Swanson on Friday, November 30, 2007 at 10:45:33 :

: Hi Kathy,
: I worked for Mannings from 1958 when I was a busboy at the new Valley Fair unit in San Jose. In 1960 at the age of 21 I entered the Mgm. training program at the Geary St location. Marty Brill and Willard Houghton were upper mgm at that time. I was personnel mgr at the Geary store with 93 employees at that time. What a job! In early 1962 I was moved back to Valley Fair as food production mgr and then into the contract feeding division running the industrial facilities such as Kaiser Center and Hewlett Packard.
: The food when we prepared from scratch was the best. Would you know what happened to the old formula cards (recipes)?
: I left Mannings around July 1962 to go to Varian Associates as a mechanical component buyer.
: Hope to hear from you.
: Gary Swanson 408-335-1210 gswanson@integra-insurance.com

Hi Gary,

I am having so much fun reading all these posts. Marty Brill was a dear family friend, and a close friend of my Father's. Unfortunately, he passed away many years ago. Everyone is looking for recipes. I have no idea what happened to them. I wish I knew how to find them. Probably got tossed, or are in the hands of the last cooks, before the cafeterias closed their doors. The food was wonderful! Sorry can't be more of a help.

Kathy

Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail:
<-- Spam Control, enter this number here:
Subject:
copyright © 1996-2010 SFgenealogy. All rights reserved.