sfgenealogy.com Boards

Re: Mannings Cafeterias & In-Plant Feeding

[Post Followup] [San Francisco History Board]

Posted by Kathy on Saturday, October 02, 2010 at 17:37:20 :

In Reply to: Mannings Cafeterias & In-Plant Feeding posted by Spence Sargent on Saturday, August 28, 2010 at 08:33:05 :

: This message is for Kathy. I worked for Mannings as a relief manager in the Inplant Feeding Division for while during the 60s. I too wonder if recipes have ever been published or are available? I keep thinking that their "Baked Crab and Rice" was a dish that was very good and I wish that I made note of the recipe. That was not their only memorable dish only one of manny. Respectfully, Spence Sargent

Hi Spence, It's amazing how many people worked for Manning's. Actually, I'd love some recipes. I don't know what happened to them. Manning's was sold 40 years ago, and I don't think any of us thought about recipes and general memorabilia. I'm always looking for things other than coffee cans, which pop up on e-bay all the time. If anyone out there has any Manning's coffee and cafeteria items, I'd be very interested. Sorry, I can't help with the recipes. The food was fabulous (but I'm a little partial).
Kathy

Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail:
<-- Spam Control, enter this number here:
Subject:
copyright © 1996-2010 SFgenealogy. All rights reserved.