sfgenealogy.com Boards

Re: HOMEWOOD TERRACE

[Post Followup] [San Francisco History Board]

Posted by Steve Markham on Wednesday, June 16, 2010 at 18:38:40 :

In Reply to: Re: HOMEWOOD TERRACE posted by Steve Markham on Wednesday, June 16, 2010 at 18:14:44 :

I am now 65 years of age. Homewood Terrace was home to me during the 1950's, having been there for 6 years (I was to be there for maybe 6 mo. The pictures may look like a place that most people would like to live (the grounds, cottages, large open play field, tennis court,temple,library & more)but pictures don't always tell the whole story.

To this day I look back at Homewood Terrace as a place I should not have been. I came from a good size family, aunts, uncles, gradparents and parents that were the very first to get divorced. The total rejection of all was then as it still is, totally unacceptable. My wife and I have been married for over 42 years.

But if someone had to be some place, other than family, then Homewood was not such a bad place. It made me grow up real fast. Some people think I skipped my childhood.

The negatives, they were many, but is this the proper forum? I would enjoy exchanging experiences with others that may have been there during the 50's to early 60's.

Thoughtfully,

Steve

Footnote: why did my stay end after 6 yrs.? I ran away.

Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail:
<-- Spam Control, enter this number here:
Subject:
copyright © 1996-2010 SFgenealogy. All rights reserved.