sfgenealogy.com Boards

Re: Friedman M. & Co. Furniture

[Post Followup] [San Francisco History Board]

Posted by Joe Caramucci on Friday, December 25, 2009 at 12:22:55 :

In Reply to: Re: Friedman M. & Co. Furniture posted by Chris on Sunday, January 04, 2009 at 01:32:25 :

My grandfather, John Hennessy, worked as a teamster delivery person for M. Friedman & Co. He passed away in 1926.

When my grandmother, Elizabeth Meade, married John Hennessy, at St. Paul's Church, 29th & Church Street, on September 26, 1896, they received their bedroom set and a dinner room table with two leaf extension and 6 cain back chairs and leather seats. as a wedding present.

We have the original tags with the notation: " Compliments of your Friend M. Friedman & Co."

A label, under the seat of one of the dining room chairs, shows an address of 273 Post Street, San Francisco, CA.

I have passed on to my son, a "return box" that was in the horse drawn delivery wagon of my grandfather. Family lore is that the box was used to store some small tools.

Somewhere in the boxes of pictures, we have a poor quality picture of the horse drawn delivery wagons and their drivers in front of a M. Friedman warehouse.

Joe Caramucci
San Rafael, CA

Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail:
<-- Spam Control, enter this number here:
Subject:
copyright © 1996-2009 sfgenealogy. All rights reserved.