sfgenealogy.com Boards

Re: Vincent G. Raney AIA

[Post Followup] [San Francisco History Board]

Posted by Jacy on Friday, May 22, 2009 at 09:00:04 :

In Reply to: Vincent G. Raney AIA posted by Larry Anderson on Saturday, October 29, 2005 at 11:24:21 :

I used to live in Vincent Raneys home that he designed for himself in Belmont, CA. It is very reminicent of the Kaufmann house in LA. He didnt study under Frank Lloyd Wright but his style is reminicent of works from that time. There were still original photos from when it was built and blueprints of your house in his home. The Raney family just moved back into the house last year. Its an amazing house and I was sad to leave.

: We bought a home in Delano, CA 10 years ago. We found the original blueprints and found out the house was designed by mr Raney in 1950 and built with all the materials and partly designed like the sunset house in 1939. If I didn't no better, you would think it was a frank L. wright home. Would like to receive any info I could on Vincent G. Raney. Did he study under Frank Lloyd Wright??
: Our home has plenty of redwood, glass and extra high ceilings. When it was built in 1954, it was way to modern for the neighborhood and some neighbors tried to stop. At the time the person who had it built was the mayor of Delano. Needless to say it was built. We pulled the carpet up and found redoak hardwood floors. Stripped the paint off the kitchen and family room walls and found phillipine mahogeny. It makes us sick that the previous owner PAINTED over the solid redwood beams in the family room. Rumor has it that under the painted walls in the living room is Black Walnut. We use a pole with a hook to open the many transum windows in the home. Any info you could provide would be appreciated
: thank you in advance.

Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail:
<-- Spam Control, enter this number here:
Subject:
copyright © 1996-2009 sfgenealogy. All rights reserved.