sfgenealogy.com Boards

Re: 2533 Folsom House - Water Tower

[Post Followup] [San Francisco History Board]

Posted by mike on Thursday, March 20, 2008 at 09:33:56 :

In Reply to: 2533 Folsom House - Water Tower posted by Glen on Friday, April 06, 2007 at 17:01:13 :

: I purchased this house and am interested in the history of the Mendocino-style water tower in the back. Any ideas on where i might find pictures of this original tower? The top has blown off it years ago and I'd like to make a case to restore it to usefulness again.
hi I have alot of info on that house

would you like to sell it?

the house at 2533 folsom was owned by my aunt Florence Fern Simpson Little she died their in 1945 and was buried in colma in the cypress lawn memorial park(oak garden) all the men in her family died in wwii including her son.Russell Little who ran the olympic apts at 640 eddy.the house was passed on to my other aunt alice P. Levine who ran the red mills lounge on Judah.she owned several properties in the deboce triangle as well as lower haight.she died in 1994.

the house was occupied by all my family during WWII .they came to San Francisco in the 1910s. the house if I remember correctly was built in 1915.robert and clarence died in tunesia africa during the battle of operation torch.Russell died when his ship was sank.florence died shortly after 1945.
the women Myrtle,dorothy,alice and florence where bartenders and waitresses at fishermans wharf and the top of the mark during WWII

my Great grandfather Harry Simpson worked at a hotel and died when he was 95.he survived getting hit by a car when he was 90 while walking to work.

it has a lot of history to me ,these people survived the death of their mother in 1912 then the depression and WWII and San Francisco traffic they are what make San Francisco is today.they are San Francisco history at its best.

Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail:
<-- Spam Control, enter this number here:
Subject:
copyright © 1996-2008 Pamela Storm and Ron Filion. All rights reserved.