sfgenealogy.com Boards

Gunst Building - 1960

[Post Followup] [San Francisco History Board]

Posted by Colleen on Thursday, January 17, 2008 at 14:05:30 :

I'm wondering if anyone out there has a photo or would be willing to document a memory of the Gunst Building in San Francisco. Its the building on the corner of Powell and Geary to the left of the St. Francis hotel. I work in an attorney's office and city is trying to claim that the sign/billboard atop the building has not always been orientated the way it is and trying to impose legal action and fees. The current occupants and clients of ours have verified the sign has always been situated in its current position back to 1974 or so. I'm looking for maybe (and optimally) someone that might have a picture of that area from the 1960 or remember if the sign has been always facing diagnolly. If you have any photos of the St. Francis showing the building to the left of it, photos of Union Square showing pictures of the buildings to the left or right of the St. Francis, or a picture of the Gunst building itself, I would really appreciate your help! This needs to be done soon so a reply ASAP would be appreciated.

Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail:
<-- Spam Control, enter this number here:
Subject:
copyright © 1996-2008 Pamela Storm and Ron Filion. All rights reserved.