sfgenealogy.com Boards

1942 - 1950

[Post Followup] [Mount Saint Joseph's Orphanage, San Francisco Board]

Posted by Arlene Crabtree Ellefson on Wednesday, January 21, 2015 at 10:07:59 :

I was at the Mount from 1942 to 1950 and I remember so much from my time there. My sisters are Elma Jean and Noralee Crabtree. I remember Yolanda Garfias, Margaret Poucchi, Stella Bayer, Christine Schmidt, the Stinson sisters, Barbara Biagi, Fanetta Dearing, Mary Castro, and Helen O'Shea. The sisters I remember are St. Josephine, St. Rosemary (Mother Superior), St. Mary Rose, St. Ursula, St. Francis (my 4th grade teacher), St. Simeon, St. Anita, St. Geneveive, St. Paula, St. Mary Patrick, St. Stephanie, St. Regis, St. Rita.

I remember great fun at Mt. Helen in the summers! My daughter and I visited Mt. Helen in 2013 and I hadn't been there since 1950. I met Sister Janet and Sister Joyce there. Sister Joyce came out singing and dancing the "We Are The Girls From Mount St. Joseph's" song and my daughter and I joined in! Sister Joyce had been a girl at MSJ herself in the late 1950's. Mt. Helen has gone through a dramatic change over the years with new modern buildings. The "Lemon" is still there and the hedge we weren't supposed to jump. We weren't supposed to get into the fruit in the "Lemon", but sometimes we'd jump the hedge and take an orange. I got caught doing this very thing!

I have so many special memories, especially of Mt. Helen. My daughter wants me to write my "Mount Stories". If anybody remembers me and would like to communicate, please email me. This is my daughter's email as I do not use the computer.

Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail:
<-- Spam Control, enter this number here:
Subject:
copyright © 1996-2010 SFgenealogy. All rights reserved.