sfgenealogy.com Boards

Re: Mauna Loa Benevente

[Post Followup] [Mount Saint Joseph's Orphanage, San Francisco Board]

Posted by Pat on Friday, May 02, 2014 at 09:04:55 :

In Reply to: Re: Mauna Loa Benevente posted by Pat on Friday, May 02, 2014 at 08:55:26 :

: : was at the Mt. during the time your mother was there and I remember her name. I do have a photo of a group of girls taken at the time I was there 1944 to I think 1952.
: : I can email a copy to anyone who asks for it.
: : Others have asked about the building on Newhall. I don't know the year but the Mt was closed and the building torn down. The Mt was operating in association with the home the Nuns run for unweed mothers. It think the name is St Elizabeths. The nuns have the provincial mother house in what was Mt. Helen in Los Altos.

Re: MSJ First Holy Communion photograph 1950-1951. My aunt kept a single, old photograph of a large group of girls in white dresses posed at the MSJ chapel right after receiving their first Holy Communion. Its possible your family member may be included in this photo. If you happen to come across this message, you are welcomed to contact me. My connection with MSJ began about 1949 and I departed about 1951 to return to my homeland in Hawaii. Aloha, Pat

Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail:
<-- Spam Control, enter this number here:
Subject:
copyright © 1996-2010 SFgenealogy. All rights reserved.