sfgenealogy.com Boards

Re: early formatifve years 1950-1954 or 55

[Post Followup] [Mount Saint Joseph's Orphanage, San Francisco Board]

Posted by Kathie Hill on Saturday, August 31, 2013 at 15:23:16 :

In Reply to: Re: early formatifve years 1950-1954 or 55 posted by Pat Moffitt on Wednesday, July 27, 2011 at 19:14:34 :

: I lived at this orphange/school full time. I remember sister Miriam also. I also remember the Sister in the Infirmary;I don't remember her name, just that she was very kind and younger than the others. I remember a girl named Glenna Fredericks, and being in a play also. I remember being on television for the school, probably something for donations, and forgetting to say MOUNT St. Joseph's. I didn't get to leave on weekends very much either. I had mumps there, but not chicken pox. I also remember the older girls washing my hair and making it stand up in a peak on my head. I was only there about 6 months I think, but it made quite an impression on me.

Hi, I lived there from 1953-1955 and literally lived in the infirmary after running away so many times. Sister Theresa is the sweet young nun who ran the infirmary and my very best friend. Did you have the chance to go to summer camp in the Los Altos hills while you were there? It was great. My name was Kathie Gaul and I was there age 7-9. It was actually a really nice place.

Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail:
<-- Spam Control, enter this number here:
Subject:
copyright © 1996-2010 SFgenealogy. All rights reserved.