sfgenealogy.com Boards

Whereabouts of Lillian Batres

[Post Followup] [Mount Saint Joseph's Orphanage, San Francisco Board]

Posted by Marina Rodriguez on Sunday, June 02, 2013 at 18:22:45 :

Hi, Marlene Cassidy, it was so great to see a posting from a familiar name. You may not remember me, but I would be grateful if you could connect me with Lillian Batres, from Guatemala, who was one of my friends. I also remember the other girls whose names you mention.

I remember one incident in the "refectory" when Diana York, in her great enthusiasm to get up to pick up her food, swung her plate so high that she actually fractured one of your teeth! Ow, that must have hurt. I am also 75 years old so we must have been in the same "band."

When I left Mount St. Joseph in 1950 I was only 12 years old and was unable to keep contact with any of my friends because my Mother and I returned to El Salvador, where I completed my education. In 1962 I returned to live and work in S.F., retired early from Chevron Corp. in 1993 and have since been living in San Salvador. I would love to re-live with contemporaries, our good experiences in the hands of those wonderful Sisters of Charity who guided us so well in our childhood away from our parents.

Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail:
<-- Spam Control, enter this number here:
Subject:
copyright © 1996-2010 SFgenealogy. All rights reserved.