sfgenealogy.com Boards

What we fondly remember

[Post Followup] [Mount Saint Joseph's Orphanage, San Francisco Board]

Posted by Marina Rodriguez on Saturday, May 18, 2013 at 21:25:56 :

Our years at Mount Saint Joseph were probably some of the best years of our lives. We were small girls who for one reason or another could not be with our parents at that particular time. We probably cried a lot when we first entered the School. I was originally from El Salvador and had to learn English. And yes, some of the girls laughed at the way I pronounced the words! But boy, learning English was the best thing that ever happened to me. My mother and I returned to El Salvador in 1950, where I finished my education. Then in 1962, at the age of 24 I returned to San Francisco and lived and successfully worked there for 31 years. In 1993 I retired from Chevron Corporation and returned to my home country and this is where I am.

I remember Sister Paula, Father Duke, Sister Veronica (whom we all thought "had a German temper", sweet Sister Patricia, Sister Mary Rose, etc. etc. I can't remember striking up any special friendships, but I communicated a lot with the numerous Latinamerican firls of my age who then lived there. I would love to hear from anyone at my e-mail address.

Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail:
<-- Spam Control, enter this number here:
Subject:
copyright © 1996-2010 SFgenealogy. All rights reserved.