sfgenealogy.com Boards

Being there 1946-1950

[Post Followup] [Mount Saint Joseph's Orphanage, San Francisco Board]

Posted by Marina Rodriguez on Friday, May 17, 2013 at 21:46:18 :

Shirley Yeitz, I just noticed your posting in 2012. I remember a very pretty Shirley. I entered into Second Band and you might have been in Third Band, as they defined us according to our age. Mount St. Joseph was a very special, wonderful place to be. I remember I was kind of a "problem child" but in time, and with proper guidance, after I learned to speak English, things went fine. You and Sandra Biagi were great friends; I remember Mauna Loa Benevente, Daisy Alvarado, the Larue sisters, Mary and Nancy Knight, Gertrude Ingersol, Marilyn Cassidy, Diana York, Lucille Estrada, Ligia Cardoza, a little girl named Evelyn Parsons (she used to bite us!), and a bunch of other people.
I would love to correspond with anyone who might want to make memories. You forgot to say that when we watched movies, the Sisters blocked scenes when Bing Crosby or whomever, kissed with someone. That was so funny.
And I remember we were taken to watch the Hockey games between the Seals and the Oaks; at Christmas we were taken to Treasure Island where we received nice gifts. God bless all those wonderful Sisters who took such good care of all of us wild kids.

Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail:
<-- Spam Control, enter this number here:
Subject:
copyright © 1996-2010 SFgenealogy. All rights reserved.