sfgenealogy.com Boards

Re: I was there (1956 for 3mths my sis June 12)

[Post Followup] [Mount Saint Joseph's Orphanage, San Francisco Board]

Posted by Joyce Wieder on Tuesday, January 29, 2013 at 01:36:44 :

In Reply to: I was there posted by Priscilla brown smith on Sunday, October 31, 2010 at 01:13:00 :

I finally found St Joseph school for girls. I went to St joseph on fth street, for kindergarten. A neighbor told someone we we not being taken care of. The six of us sat on a bench someone took my little brother away that was the first time I ever knew WORRY/FEAR! Mom screamed with the judge. We were poor we loved each other a made a pack to stay together no matter what & our 30th reunion will be here in Virginiaits been a beautiful life still growing. Grandson in college & grandaughter 23mths! Life is /ood, Love Life, Laugh A Lot, Give Thanks to the Lord Always.

The children ran to meet me in my cubicle were interested in what I had in my suitcase. It was the first time I didn't sleep with my sister. First time I was away without a mother. Everyone welcomed me and I knew I was going back to (ma) after our foster mother had surgery. Mrs. Walsh our social worker came to have me read to her! Aunt Rosalie (ma) passed 86! She was raised at a "convent" in France her Great Aunt a nun at the orphanage took her at 4. She was taught everything learned prefection! I miss her so much! Taught us devout love of Jesus a passion growing always. We grew up with a large extended foster family plus my 4 brothers our mom & dad monthly visitations. We ate coconuts in school yard sprayed leaves silver had mumps spread black strap slave on face. The older girls gave us baths in very large footed tubs. We're not allowed to use the grand staircase. I got caught by sister josephine or sister gertude! I loved being there we went off campus with college students Christmas shopping I. Was stopped going to communion the first biggest surprise I ever had was getting a doctor kit at Christmas, the second was a watch at 10! The third was a gold charm braclet at our rehersal dinner. He has been my rock for 43yrs. His family are the fourth surprise gift! It keeps on going! My grandmother was Alice Brown & there was a Coudgie

Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail:
<-- Spam Control, enter this number here:
Subject:
copyright © 1996-2010 SFgenealogy. All rights reserved.