sfgenealogy.com Boards

1963 Mt. St. Josephs SF

[Post Followup] [Mount Saint Joseph's Orphanage, San Francisco Board]

Posted by Patricia Linville on Saturday, August 20, 2011 at 09:42:55 :

My sisters and I lived at the Mt in 1963, I was 6. I have good and bad memories there. One of the best was learning to ride a bike and in the summer we went to Mt. Saint Helens for a week. I was a Pixie and attended Our Hallows Help school. I remember when JFK was shot, we were in class and all the nuns were crying and shaking. I remember Rosedale, the garden that only the older girls were allowed to go to. I remember Sister Rita, Miss Felita and Miss Carmen.My best friend was Tina Seaput, I still have the Buzzy Beaver book she gave me. Wow! Such a long time ago, brings back so many memories...I remember a young woman that had been raped in the neighborhood found by the nuns naked and beaten, they brought her inside and took care of her and called the police.
Novenas on Monday evenings were my favorite church times. Movies on Fridays and once we danced the Maypole in Keysar (sp?) Stadium at half time.
I am trying to find the Facebook page for Mt Saint Josephs, but no luck as yet. Would appreciate any help.

Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail:
<-- Spam Control, enter this number here:
Subject:
copyright © 1996-2010 SFgenealogy. All rights reserved.