sfgenealogy.com Boards

Re: Kathy Barnett 1962 to1968

[Post Followup] [Mount Saint Joseph's Orphanage, San Francisco Board]

Posted by Laurie (Knight) Pasion on Sunday, January 09, 2011 at 15:47:02 :

In Reply to: Kathy Barnett 1962 to1968 posted by Kathy Barnett on Tuesday, September 07, 2010 at 13:49:13 :

Hi Kathy!!! Laurie Knight here, the tall half of the KC and Laurie twins! I remember you! I found this entry only because Chris (Jackson)Murphy found me on FB today and has a Mount page there. Hey, the secret panel under the staircase at the 'old' Mt. Helen - you'd lift up on the coathooks on the rail across the top, I think. We'd always scare the new girls with that! So much fun! I adore Sr. Paula and haven't seen her in so long - I went to her 60th anniversary of being a Sister - and that was such a long time ago, I can't remember the date.

Kim McGovern and I have stayed friends through the years, and I've just now reconnected with Val MacFarlane! And now you! This is great!

I'd been on this site a couple of yrs ago when I spent some time searching for things Mount-related. There was only one note and it was really old. I'm re-energized now.

Hugs and Aloha!
Laurie Knight Pasion
=========================

: My first group in May of 1962 was the Brownies with Sister Janice. To this day I still recall she would put on a record to help us get to sleep at night. Debs with Sister Paula. Teens and Junior Miss with Sister Stella. In 1966 it was time to move on to the Transition home on Portola Drive with Mrs. Lee's. Just a few weeks ago we celebrated Sister Paula's 96th Birthday in Los Altos. So many wonderful memories are there. Does anyone recall the hidden access to get in under the grand staircase? We used to tell the new kids Helen was buried there! I hope this note finds everyone doing well.

Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail:
<-- Spam Control, enter this number here:
Subject:
copyright © 1996-2010 SFgenealogy. All rights reserved.