sfgenealogy.com Boards

Re: Mount St. Joseph's

[Post Followup] [San Francisco History Board]

Posted by Rita on Thursday, March 19, 2009 at 11:41:57 :

In Reply to: Re: Mount St. Joseph's posted by renee kay sadamune on Tuesday, September 02, 2008 at 12:44:59 :

: Dear Cris
: I lived at mount st joesph for over 10 years and remember it oh so well, I started off in the pixes and left there when I was in the teens, I made my communion there went to all hallows school, in the summer we used to go to a getaway for the school named mount helen everyone used to take turns going up there. it was great. I miss the sisters so much , sister rose, sister maryfaith, sister rita was the one who took care of me when I first arrived at st joeseph, sister paula, sister cellastine who changed her name to sister rose, she had a twin sister who was also a nun in la which we used to go see in the summer in a home for girls as well. I too had lots of pictures of the school it self and the grounds that I am trying to locate, I remember one year when they were doing a advertisment of the home and made a booklet to tell about the school I made the front cover, it was me sitting on a chair looking at a magazine, ahh I have some many memories of the wonderful place, it help me in so many ways. I would like to sit down and talk with you if thats all right and you can share more of what you can remember, I would like that very much. please get back to me when time permits, I will wait to hear from you. take care , Renee Kay Sadamune

I remember hearing about Mt. St. Helen from my mom. I believe I also have pixs at St. Helen's. Was it call St. Helen's or St. Helena? My mother also said that it was so far out from everything at that time that she said she would never want to live out there again. Low and behold, where did she move to in 1942? You guessed it Bayview district near the old Candlestick Park. My dad lived there until th 1950's.
I might have confused you, but she loved St. Helen but not the Bayview district where the orphanage was. The name Sister Ursula sounds familiar to me does it to anyone else.

Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail:
<-- Spam Control, enter this number here:
Subject:
copyright © 1996-2009 sfgenealogy. All rights reserved.