NUNES

[Marin County Obit Board]

Posted by Cathy Gowdy on Sunday, March 20, 2016 at 08:20:28 :

Marin Independent Journal
Tuesday, January 12, 1999
Section B, page 2

Anthony T. Nunes
Dairy farmer

Anthony “Tony” Nunes, who owned and operated the Nunes Home Dairy in Novato for 66 years, died Jan. 10 at the age of 95.

Mr. Nunes was born in Tomales. He grew up on the Nunes Home Dairy ranch and had worked on the ranch since the age of six.

He moved to Petaluma after retiring in 1982.

He was past president of the I.D.E.S.I. and was active in numerous other societies in the North Bay.

He was also a member of the Native Sons of the Golden West, Nicasio Parlor and Lusitania Band of the North Bay.

Mr. Nunes is survived by his wife, Mary S. Nunes of Petaluma; one daughter, Mary A. Nunes of Petaluma; one brother, Joseph Nunes of Novato; and several nieces and nephews.

A vigil service is set for 6:30 p.m. yesterday (sic) at St. Vincent de Paul Church, 35 Liberty St., Petaluma. Officers and members of the I.D.E.S.I. and Native Sons of the Golden West Nicasio Parlor, will conduct their ritual.

Friends are invited to join the funeral departing at 9:30 a.m. Thursday from the Parent-Sorensen Mortuary, Magnolia Avenue and Keokuk Street, Petaluma. the funeral Mass will be celebrated at 10 a.m. Thursday at St. Vincent de Paul Church, Petaluma. Entombment will be at Valley Memorial Park in Novato.

Memorial contributions may be sent to a favorite charity.

copyright © 1996-2011 SFgenealogy. All rights reserved.