BUSS


[Marin County Obit Board]


Posted by Cathy Gowdy on Saturday, January 24, 2015 at 04:26:25 :

The Marin Journal
Thursday, January 1, 1903
Page 1

Killed by Shock From Electric Wire
John G. Buss Meets Sudden Death in Mill Valley Bakery

John G. Buss, a Mill Valley baker, was instantly killed shortly after 10 o’clock last Saturday night by an electric shock from a lamp which he was using to illuminate one of his ovens. Buss had the lamp in his hand. He had opened the oven door, holding the light inside. It is probable that he touched the iron wall of the oven, thus grounding the current, which killed him. The inquest by Coroner Eden Sunday morning developed the fact that there must have been a leakage in the wires, as several other persons in Mill Valley also received more or less severe shocks Saturday evening. The jury brought in a verdict of accidental death.

Buss was interred Tuesday morning in Mt. Tamalpais Cemetery. He was 50 years of age. A widow survives him.



copyright © 1996-2011 SFgenealogy. All rights reserved.
powered by SpudBoard