BARR, DUKE

[Marin County Obit Board]

Posted by Cathy Gowdy on Tuesday, January 20, 2015 at 04:51:38 :

The Marin Journal
Thursday, May 5, 1910
Page 4

Death Calls Mrs. Dr. Barr

A gloom was cast over this city on Tuesday morning when it was announced that Mrs. Helen L. Duke Barr, wife of Dr. T. I. C. Barr, had passed away suddenly at her home on Center Street this city. Although she had not been feeling quite herself on Monday, she had taken a drive with friends in the afternoon and was on the streets as late as 6 o’clock. She retired that evening feeling as well as ever, but about 2 o’clock in the morning she became ill and soon went into convulsions, which caused her death at about 5 o’clock in the morning. Physicians were summoned as soon as Mrs. Barr was taken ill but nothing could be done for her.

Mrs. Barr was born in Kentucky, 26 years ago, and has been in San Rafael for the past 3 years, and during her short stay has made friends of everyone she met. She was interested in all that was good and was a kind charitable woman and took an active part in the society events in this city.

The funeral services will be held today (Thursday) at 11 o’clock a.m. from the late resident, No. 123 Center Street, San Rafael, thence to San Francisco where the remains will be cremated in the I.O.O.F. Crematory. Interment will be private.

The deceased is survived by a loving husband, Dr. T. I. C. Barr and a mother and father, Mr. and Mrs. B. Duke of Los Angeles.

copyright © 1996-2011 SFgenealogy. All rights reserved.