HUGHES, GIBBONS, LYDON, MOONEY, SLOAN, TURNER

[Marin County Obit Board]

Posted by Cathy Gowdy on Saturday, November 22, 2014 at 04:42:15 :

San Rafael Independent
Thursday, April 27, 1944
Page 4

HUGHES – In San Rafael, April 27, 1944, Clara I., beloved wife of the late Roy I. Hughes, daughter of the late Anthony and Anna Gibbons, sister of Mary Ann Gibbons, Mrs. Agnes V. Lydon, Mrs. Jane G. Mooney, Mrs. Beatrice Gibbons of Missouri, Mrs. Peter K. Sloan of San Francisco and Mrs. Frances Turner. A native of Missouri, aged 62 years.

Friends are invited to attend the funeral Saturday, April 29, 1944, at 9 o’clock a.m. from Keaton’s Mortuary, thence to St. Raphael’s church where requiem high mass will be said for the repose of her soul, commencing at 9:30 a.m. Interment, Mt. Olivet cemetery. Recitation of the rosary at the mortuary Friday night at 8 o’clock.

--- ---
and on page 5

Mrs. Clara I. Hughes

Following an illness of long duration, Mrs. Clara I. Hughes died this morning at her home 1104 Lincoln avenue, San Rafael, at the age of 62 years. The widow of Roy I. Hughes who died some years ago, she was a sister of Mrs. Agnes Ladon, Mrs. Jane Mooney, Mrs. Beatrice Gibbons of Missouri, Mrs. Peter Sloan of San Francisco, Mrs. Frances Turner and Miss Mary Ann Gibbons. She had made her home with a sister in San Rafael for the past seven years.

Funeral is to be held Saturday morning from Keaton’s, a requiem high mass being celebrated in St. Raphael’s Church commencing at 9:30 a.m. Burial is to be in Mt. Olivet.

copyright © 1996-2011 SFgenealogy. All rights reserved.